7 September 2009

inspired

12 HOURS PRO AMAZON RAINFOREST (Manifesto del Movimentismo - NY New York, Rome Italy) is a global group actively promoting the use of Facebook for a worthwhile, selfless cause.

The Rome based group working with the Brazilian poet Marcia Theophilo is encouraging artists in every genre to dedicate 12 hours during 18-19 December to producing works and performances to be published on Facebook, changing the face of Facebook communication to raise awareness of the need to save the rainforest.

Macia Theophilo is a Brazilian poet living in Rome, and a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize. For her biography click here. Samples of her work (in English, Italian and Portuguese) may be found here.

Today I discovered a bonus for me when I read the latest email from the group. It was written in English, by an Italian. It was very clear, and almost correct. The not-quite-so-correct phrases offer me a key to my own errors! Now I have a "hook" to hang my learning on.

Today I am grateful for
excellent communication in slightly less than perfect English.

No comments: