9 September 2009

new project

I am ready to start a new portrait, a belated gift. I have set myself a bit of a challenge: I want to paint two women reflected in a mirror. I don't have photographs of them in that position, so it is going to require careful drafting at the pencil stage.

The easy option was to take a perfectly adequate photograph and do a conventional portrait, but for personal reasons I want this to be a little more special. One of the women was an artist, and was a huge help to me when I first moved to Italy. Sadly she is no longer with us. It is in some way a tribute and a thank you to her, together in a gift for her only daughter.

Hopefully I will post progress photos over the next week. I am excited about the project despite the sad reason for it.

Today I am grateful for the ability to paint likenesses.

No comments: