18 September 2009

well intentioned spam?

I am grumbling! I subscribed to a daily peace meditation which arrives (usually) in my inbox. It has missed the occasional day, but that's OK. What was NOT OK with me was that every week (or thereabouts) some commercial crept in, promoting the law of attraction. I felt cheated, annoyed, but because I enjoyed the daily peace quotes I didn't unsubscribe.

Today I was checking through my spam file (occasionally I do find real and missing emails in there) and I found the missing peace emails and a few more commercials. Perhaps gmail knew best.

Ah well, big sigh, on the whole it is quite a positive thing. But if you subscribed to it on my recommendation then I do apologise for the "buy our book and get happy and wealthy" guff that snuck in.

Today I am grateful for "upfront" communications with no hidden agendas.

1 comment:

Feijoa said...

there may be no path, but there will always be agendas...