12 October 2009

only 75 days

Today an incoming email proclaimed "Only 75 days till Christmas".

I am not sure I wanted to know how quickly the year has flown by. This Christmas I intend doing something completely different, but I have yet to decide what! Because I don't like the terribly commercial side of Christmas I think I will focus on a beautiful meal and a little excursion somewhere new. Thinking about what it might be is becoming like a game. Do I want to do this? Or that? Or maybe something else? There is something rather nice about looking at options, weighing up the weather, the distance, the possibilities. I used to avoid that because it highlighted being alone, but now I enjoy being a little self-indulgent.

I will visit the displays of the nativity scenes. I will probably go to midnight mass with friends. I will sleep in as long as Zacchi permits. And then, my kitchen will fill with the smells of Kiwi cooking!

But there are 101 things to do before then. I had better get back to them!

Today I am grateful for a promise kept.

No comments: