9 October 2009

patience, or lack of

Ok, so patience is not my middle name. I promised myself that if I stopped fiddling tonight and put my brushes away (twice dipped into the orzo, nice colour for the cabinet actually) I could take the masking tape off and see it without the splashy edges.Now to resist completing the details, working on the faces, and touching up the little bleeds and rough edges; it is a long way from dry.Later: This second photo is taken when dry, today, Saturday, in daylight. The effect when the painting is on my mantlepiece is much more dramatic. I am happy with it, even though the camera doesn't catch the light and dark effectively. I will finish the details tomorrow. Distance helps sometimes.

PS: Some of the not-so-straight lines are actually the paper cockling because I didn't stretch it. They will settle out later. It is 300gsm hot press, but I use so much water that I really need to stretch this too.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's looking so good, mum!
Well done!!