29 December 2009

one of the things i love

...is being independent. Today I mastered moving the scaffolding, so progress was much faster. No waiting for other helpers who either get caught up in other things or completely forget that they are on their way down to help. (Angel Saturday, come back!)

This morning I noticed the lovely shadows on the wall, telling the story of the renovation, perhaps?
I am struggling a little to unite the lines from the wall under the curved vaulted ceiling with the verticals already painted; the original, more ornate design had a lot of leaves along some of the lines, and I suspect that in the junctions of leaves and straight lines there was quite a bit of slack taken up. I don't have that luxury, and I have a boss with a very good eye! Sometimes, however, four into two just doesn't go!
Click here for a "before" photo.

Today I am grateful for rapid progress and the feeling that the work can be completed on time.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Kay . . .just a quick note to wish you well for the new year. It has been some time since hearing from you. Hope your Christmas was full of happiness.