2 January 2010

a day of two halves...

This morning was glorious, a beautiful cobalt blue sky, warmish, good working conditions. A friend cut the grass between me and the fountain, and cleared away some of the mess that Pickle had made.

This evening (from 8pm onwards) we are having strong winds, squally showers, and the temperature has dropped. By Monday we should be very cold!

I was hoping for faster progress at work, but the morning started slowly. By afternoon things were moving at a better speed. If it is not too damp tomorrow I would like to put in another full day, then take Monday off as my holiday.

I had visitors to look at paintings, and I am hoping that they may purchase another (they have chosen one already). I am keen to start on the oil village-scape, but it has to wait a little longer. Watercolours... when will there be time?

Today I am grateful for clementine mandarines.

2 comments:

Feijoa said...

There's been three weeks of dry, crisp snow and now there's more on the way. This has been the best weather EVER in Scotland. Cold and dry is good. Cold and wet is bad. How's the cantina holding up?

Kay said...

Cantina is doing well! The small amount of damp from underground will be no problem once the flooring with spacers is in... hopefully starting next week as there is a gap between visitors. The dehumidifier is more than coping - and that's without a window above the outside door!