4 January 2010

it's cold outside

and Pickle would love to come in, but we are playing musical dogs until I am sure that she is no longer in heat. Poor Pickle has to sleep in the garden shed (where she has chewed up things I forgot to put out of reach)
and
as one
comes in
the other
goes out...
like the folk in the Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Munich. That was, I must admit, one tourist photo-event that was disappointing. Munich itself was great, the beer was good, the food was... um ... German, but the clock was less spectacular than I had expected. Never mind, the whole Munich experience was quite wonderful.

But I digress. In my inbox today was this wonderful quotation:
Of all the earthly music, that which reaches farthest
into heaven is the beating of a truly loving heart.
—Henry Ward Beecher

I think that that sentiment is pretty special, whatever "type" of love it be... parental, filial, romantic or simply the love of life! How many of us have resolved to be better people this year? That, I think, involves loving unreservedly. Let the music play!

Today I am grateful for snatched minutes with a friend in transit.

No comments: