30 January 2010

wit and wisdom

that's what I would like to be adding to the blog today. Sometimes climbing real mountains looks easier than the metaphorical version. Wit and wisdom? Maybe tomorrow?

Instead, here is a line from Bob Marley.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
For me, the answer is a resounding yes, even on days like today when I am too tired to speak much Italian and everything is taking four times the effort it should do. But the house is looking good, the dogs are well behaved, there is food in abundance and I am not too cold.

Racing around in my head are a hundred and one things, so the best option was to sit by the fire and listen to Anthony Way singing what I call "Sunday music". It's not exactly meditation, but I think it comes close.

Today I am grateful for my CD player.

No comments: