6 February 2010

day off

It's Waitangi Day in New Zealand. When there is an "event" in NZ it seems time to reflect on cultural differences and similarities, on choices and on futures.

I would love to be at Mount Maunganui today, watching my nephews surf, chatting with my sister, talking to my Dad. But the reality is that if I were living in NZ I would probably be immersed in other work and not make the journey. At least the me who lived there before might not have. The revised me who lives here thinks differently about work and life in general.

I have been looking as much as one can at my immediate future. I have no plans to move from here, other than to visit family.

This morning in response to a comment on Facebook I wrote, without thinking first, that I paint with my heart not my hands. I wonder what part of my subconscious that came from? It's time I got back to it!

I can't wait to set up my studio, and have everything clean and ready to go. Cement dust has been a formidable opponent!

Today I am grateful for the colours that I see and feel.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! A BRAND NEW STUDIO for your BRAND NEW LINE OF WORK!

Most awesome.

Like...whoa.