12 March 2010

some days

Some days start off well and go downhill. And, luckily, some go the other way. This morning started off with some sorting of my anxieties, and then just got better and better.

I bumped into people I wanted to see, without planning ahead. I achieved a few more things on the seriously urgent list.

I squeezed in some shopping (new brooms, mops, am I nesting?) and bought fruit and vegetables.

It's cold, but today was a bright cold. There was snow on the hills behind again last night, and today I could pick out smaller snow clouds in the distance across the valley. Bright, crisp cold is OK.

And then, to cap it all off, as I was driving home the sun going down in our strange spring weather cast the most magical pink light over absolutely everything. It wasn't a fleeting thing, it lasted quite some time. No photos, though, I was too busy enjoying it, drinking it in, identifying the rose madder washes it would require...

Today I am grateful for the beauty of the place where I live.

No comments: