17 March 2010

strange mix

I have been looking at my facebook page. It's a strange mix, from family and old friends to a whole new lot of additions, artists and war historians being the "new friends" in the picture, so to speak. Now, thanks to both of them, I have met more people and have added more local people. Finding appropriate accommodation for a dozen or so Kiwi artists who are currently creating work for the Legato exhibition for peace and remembrance has put me in contact with more people here.

I remain ambivalent about facebook, but I have to admit that it is an amazing networking tool. The world shrinks daily.

Today I invited the local priest to come and bless my house and studio. He "does the rounds" before Easter each year. I understood about three quarters of the prayers I guess. I doubt that I'll ever be Catholic, but I don't think God actually minds.

This building was home to German soldiers in the war, part of it was used by a lady of "the oldest profession" not so many years ago, and all of it at some time housed monks. Now a slightly crazy New Zealand artist is added to the mix, painting and teaching in the same rooms. I am sure that the house has been blessed many many times, and that might be why it feels so good to be in it.

Today I am grateful for adequate accommodation for visitors.

No comments: