19 March 2010

up and up

Today I feel as though I really am back in the studio. I have clear spaces to work, a shiny new tap and running water (OK, so only cold water so far, but it's running!) Half the storage units are in... some have still to arrive, and I have decided not to use some of the kitchen utility ones.

I had a couple of stand-offs (friendly but determined ones) with my workers, who are now completely sure that I am mad and will refer to my fridge for ever more. They insisted on moving my fridge to put the benchtop in. I said that the fridge was in the right place, and it was non-negotiable. It was to stay in THIS corner! There was no way a fridge was going to block my wonderful view and reduce the light just to make a kitchen. It was not going in THIS corner! I went back to the computer. After a while I thought "Mmm... better just check..." and sure enough my fridge was back where they wanted it. To cut a long story short, I threw out the stove to put the fridge where I wanted it, and will buy a tiny electric bench-top oven for my guests. At the end of the day they agreed that they could see my point, but I imagine the tale of the crazy artist who bought a second hand kitchen then had it chopped up and didn't install either the dishwasher or the oven will spread like wild-fire. It's all a matter of priorities :-)

I went to put a few things in order tonight, and returned "home" two hours later with a painting well underway! Felt great... Ella Fitzgerald singing, me singing, Pickle singing... poor neighbours!

Today I am grateful for hot water in the bathroom.

No comments: