12 March 2010

yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days when I worried myself silly about something that was completely outside my control, and as a result spent a miserable day. This morning I gave myself a good talking to, set a self-care plan in action, and hey presto, a visitor arrived in good health and spirits and confirmed that all my worrying was a complete waste of energy and time.

I write this because I preach "no worrying" to friends who worry, but this time fell into the trap myself. There is no point in wasting energy on things you cannot influence.

Always look up. It is your choice, what your "up" is, but whether literally or metaphorically, it is a good thing to do.

***

My website is being redesigned. It is excitingly different from my old one, but you'll have to wait a little longer to see it. I have pangs about it, I was very fond of my old one. Change isn't always easy. (That probably sounds odd, coming from one who changed her life completely only a few years ago). The new website is much more alive and energetic, and that's a good thing. Maybe there is a metaphor in there for me too!

Yesterday I was grateful for the watchful, sympathetic eyes of two little dogs.

Today I am grateful for a friend returned.

No comments: