24 September 2010

aaaargh!!!!!!!!!!

My computer finally stopped functioning today... a rather dramatic exit, so I am not holding out too much hope for it! If I can save it I will be a very happy chappy. In the meantime I am not even thinking about what I have backed up and what I might have lost... let's hope it is all for the best whatever the outcome!

In the meantime, I had an interesting experience this morning on the dreaded Facebook. A friend had shared a link, with the comment "I'm one of the 7 percent". Because this friend is usually sharing inspirational quotes I clicked on the presentation. It was thought-provoking to say the least. I found it very difficult to write the "I'm one of the 7%" it asked for, but in the end I did.

It's not that I don't believe in the power of prayer, in fact I do, but I don't believe that there is only one way to a spiritual life, and that made me hesitate. How many religions strive to attain the same goals, each believing that they have found the right way? There are as many "right ways" as there are people.

Today I am grateful for spiritual challenges.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see that you hesitated. I did it to and decided to be one of the 93%.

How is it possible to be on the internet with a not functioning computer??
Because you're one of the 7%?

Kay said...

ummm... on a sleek, borrowed Italian laptop instead of my (formerly) trusty beast!

Feijoa said...

You'll definitely be in the 93% of people who don't back up their computers enough...

Kay said...

In my self defence, I did do a major back-up before I went to NZ, so I think it will only be a small amount lost, if anything at all. But for now, I just don't want to know...