24 October 2010

generation gap?

I phoned my 90 year old dad this morning (my night), carefully waiting until it was about 8.30am his time in case he was having a sleep in. What was I thinking? He said, bright as can be, that I was lucky to catch him as he was just in the door from an hour long walk-run.

An hour later I phoned another number, and nephew who shall remain nameless answered the phone, equally cheerfully, but I had woken him. Ooops. So, of course I told him what his grandfather had already achieved in the earlier part of the day... (grin).

On the home front though, I can't really be smug. After a full day of emailing artists one little Zacchi took matters into his own paws. He politely asked to be taken walking. He grovelled. He begged. (He knew better than to bark). Finally, going up on his back legs, he took my arm between his front paws and pulled. I gave in. Such devotion must be rewarded. I let him walk me.

Today I am grateful for the health my family enjoys.

No comments: