16 August 2011

olive trees

Olive trees are not really my favourite tree to paint. Still the foreground to go, and lots of details to touch up and add...

It's been a very hot day in the studio; time to go downstairs and cool off for a bit. This is the time of day when the light, beautiful for photographs, is not so good for painting.

Will I finish it tonight? I doubt it. There is a cluster of houses and the hotel at Castello to paint in on the right hand side, as well as a fairly detailed foreground which I don't want to start until tomorrow when I have had a break from the image. I have to go down to choose the frame at 10am tomorrow, so here's hoping it is at least in its final form by then.

Today I am also grateful for tenacity.

5 comments:

Feijoa said...

Wow, you've been busy! Lots of drama and fire and work and stuff!

Anonymous said...

nice subtle pallet, the sky works perfectly with the landscape Xx

Sarah said...

Looking beautiful, mum!

Teacake said...

Nice to see so much painting going on :-)

Teacake said...

[Waves at Feijoa].
Hi there, stranger!