31 August 2011

the wow factor

I thought it was going to be just another summer concert, with a bit of nostalgia thrown in. I expected it to be good.

The pianist was Danilo Rea, Italy's top jazz pianist. The setting is the piazza in historic Castello, Roccasecca.


It was fantastic. At times the piano sounded like a full percussion section from an orchestra. At other times it was as sweet as an oboe. I began by listening for the Beatles songs (the theme of the concert) but soon that didn't matter. It became more of "how did he do that?" and "what will he do next?"

My internet is misbehaving and I can't look up links for you, but go to Youtube and look for Danilo Rea. The tantalising glimpses I am getting there as the internet comes and goes are much softer and more romantic. Tonight's performance was a very powerful affair. Fantastic!

Today I am grateful for free concerts and amazing performers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your summer has been full of such wonderful events I envy you, I guess it provides the hybination of winter cosy fireside memories. Tomorrow is the first day of spring down under, Yeeha. A.