27 September 2011

and onwards...

This work is destined to be quite dark as well, but I am really enjoying playing wtih the light in it so far.
I suspect it will stay a lot looser and brighter than the first piece for the space. It has to match perfectly a beautiful piece of wood, and blend into a black surround. An interesting challenge to say the least, and I think that it has to be darkish to work.
When all the stalks and leaves are in the composition should sit together cohesively.

I must say I prefer the light and fluffy start, but when all the flowers are in and there is a bit of light around the candles I think it will come together and sit well in the black metal surround. It is to go as an inset over a built in fireplace so has black metal and bricks around it, and the beautiful piece of wood up quite high above it. I think the key is to tie them all together with colour, hence the almost monotone work to match the bricks and the dark to link them all together.

No comments: