8 September 2011

de-pickling

Today I have received some helpful emails from friends (one of whom I had no idea was a blog reader. Life's full of surprises!) Options suggested included de-barking, citronella collars, shock collars and simply ignoring the neighbours. Piccolina may not be grateful, but I certainly am!

I have decided that I do need to do something, as Pickle's bark is a very penetrating one. She has a testa dura (she is strong willed, hard headed when on a mission after a cat or barking at the doorbell) despite her soft charm and gentle nature, so I think that a shock collar might be the best option although the spray ones seem less cruel. With a collar I can leave it on her when I am out (after supervised initial testing just in case there is an adverse reaction), and take it off when I am there to remind her not to bark.

There are a number of different collars available, but all overseas of course. Does Australia have a big barking problem? It has more websites than most. Now to find something here!

Later: Thanks to the super sleuth down in the valley I have something to ask for at a pet supply shop nearby or in Cassino. Big sigh. There is a lot of truth in girls being a lot more expensive than boys... even four legged ones! She is not even three yet, and has run up more bills than Zacchi could begin to dream of. Perhaps I should have let him eat the little rat-like waif that was abandoned on our doorstep!

Today I am grateful for positive options.

No comments: