28 October 2011

is music my artistic white noise?

Without a cd playing I keep popping back to the computer, putting on something from Youtube, and disrupting my work. With a CD on I hear the first few songs and then don't realise that the music has even finished until I emerge to wash my brushes or contemplate my work from a different part of the room.

What effect is the music having on my brain? Is it like the "white noise" that is used to get a baby to sleep?

OK, so this morning I have learnt that I simply don't paint at all well to Tina Turner even if she is telling me that I am "Simply the Best" so it is back to Max Bygraves I go... later in the day it will be classical music, but for now I need to bounce along a little, "South of the Border" and other wanderings.

Back to work now, this brush in my mouth is loaded! Aye aye aye aye...

:-)

4 comments:

Jackerd said...

Perhabs 89 suits you better than 71

Kay said...

Love it! (It's the father-figure, of course!)

Now what did you do before you had Google?

Jackerd said...

Before Google i learnt the facts of life, now i'm "learning" useless facts

Kay said...

:-) Nice reply!