9 October 2011

snow (almost) where i was painting today

I couldn't believe my eyes as I turned the corner...
 
Photographed through the window as I drove (shhh)
 
It was melting fast enough...
 
But wait! There's more...
 

 
Soon the hills were completely blotted out and I was adding another layer of clothing just thinking about how many degrees the temperature had dropped in 24 hours!
 
The rainbow was very wide, with a lot of green in it that doesn't really show up in the photo.
 
And now that I am home the temperature has dropped here too, and the wind... well, it is certainly letting me know it's around! What a great delight it was to fully close the cantina door, the very first time it has been used to keep wind out! Snug? You bet!

Today I am grateful for my "be prepared" habits.

1 comment:

nicola said...

Finally good doors pay off! Fantastic. Wish I was there. Sigh.