16 April 2012

enough procrastinating...

because there is a long long way to go with these in a few short weeks! A close look at some photos revealed that after the bombing the underground structure of the abbey was also exposed, so I made a few changes this morning. This also gave me the push I needed to move away from the more romantic colours I was using. I am trying to complete this painting using only ultramarine blue, burnt siena and white (plus poppy red). I had added a touch of red in the first coats of the background, as this is essential to hold the work together when the poppies are added. I will need to mix a green though, so will choose a yellow to add later.

This one will have more poppies as well, the main ones being blocked in already. There are poppies happily growing down under my olive trees just at the right time for me!

:-) Painting again feels good...

No comments: