31 May 2012

more poppies underway

These little works are all on a block paper 15cm x 15cm.  I don't particularly like the paper (it is 300gsm cold press with a strong texture, I prefer hot press smooth), and it's a real discipline for me to paint so small. They are useful exercises and I can have several on the go at once, but still pack them into a locker at night. This afternoon they go home though, tomorrow I pull down the exhibition here. 


Sorry about the bad lighting once again.  I parted with one tiny painting yesterday - a visitor brought me a book as a gift, so I invited him to choose a painting.  He left with this one; it was a bit more finished than this but I hadn't photographed it:


Today I am grateful for random acts of kindness. 


3 comments:

nicola said...

Arrivederci Legato!! See you next year!

Sarah said...

You're INSANE! Cold press kicks hot presses BUTT!

Kay said...

Hot press smooth 300gsm wins EVERY time...