6 May 2012

once upon an art career

I remember thinking that I didn't want to be known as "the teacup lady".  Now I seem to be "the poppy lady".  Maybe, on reflection, the teacups were better.  They were certainly more satisfying works, using all sorts of strange materials and scale.  I used glare and watercolour on gesso, gold leaf, silver pencil... perhaps I need to go back to something delicate for a while.  I am all Monte Cassino and poppyed out!

But when I go upstairs and turn the light on this evening I know I will be a little proud of what I have achieved over the last few weeks.

And I'll blame this headache on the moon...

Sigh.

Maybe I'll finish this blog post later. 

3 comments:

Nicola said...

"I'll blame the headache on the moon" sounds like a song lyric.

helen said...

Sorry Kay but you have no chance of stopping painting poppies because poppies are part of your DNA.

Kay said...

OK, just for Helen, I am heading upstairs now, poppy photos at the ready, (poppies outside are wet and droopy, very little moon for me last night!)