13 July 2014

update

Just checking, via blog, to see if this is close to finished. Somehow (I know I have said it before) looking at the photographs in a different context gives me a more objective view than staring at the painting. In the flesh viewing allows my brain to convince myself my hand did achieve what I wanted - and then months later I am not satisfied. Checking via photos gives me a much more honest appraisal of what is needing correction.

Yesterday I found the photographs from the location, so perhaps I can make the painting a little more convincing too. Here is the location photo, and the painting after some more touching up. I see some changes to make already, although I am not looking for accuracy, but more of a romantic image. Or am I simply adding to the confusion? Perhaps it is done.






Today I am grateful for paracetamol. 

No comments: